Skip to main content

Some things I've learned

Hey guys,

As I was reflecting on this summer and all that I've experienced I realized that there were some very important life lessons that I've learned. I have decided to share them with you in an effort to help you learn from my mistakes or experience. Here we go:

1. A bottle of organic shampoo (no I'm not a tree-hugger; it just smelled good) will last an entire two months even if you frequently shower more than once a day.
2. Nothing makes eggs taste good.
3. Just try it. Even if it's purple and scary looking. It will most likely be good.
4. Gelatto is more fattening than ice cream
5. I eat when I'm stressed. You might too. If you move to Italy there is less food in the store so you can't stress eat as much (unfortunately, you just eat a lot of bread instead).
6. Drinking water, not coke, makes you feel better.
7. Outside showers are infinitely better than inside showers.
8. Watermelon can make the hottest day bearable.
9. I love Walmart.
10. No matter how horrible you were in life, when you die people will love you (ie: Michael Jackson).
11. Oxyclean is not the same without Billy.
12. ALWAYS back up EVERYTHING on your computer at least 10 different times and then put them in separate locations (including a Swiss deposit box) so that in the event of an emergency you do not have to re-write your resume from scratch.
12. Jesus is in complete control.

That is it for now. I am sure that I can think of more stuff but it escapes my mind. Follow these principles and you will have a happy life (your lucky numbers are 11, 15, 34, 57, and 18).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

July 15, 2009

I was born to live in Italy. Reason 1: Time means nothing Reason 2: You work if you want to Reason 3: They drive 100 kilometers an hour everywhere Reason 4: The food is amazing This goes on to reason, like, 50000 but I'll stop here. On the way up here we never went under 80 kilom an hour. There were tunnels with the sides almost brushing the car and we went 100 kilometers an hour. In these tunnels we would pass cars or bikes in front of us with oncoming traffic close enough to see the drive. They simply moved as close to their side of the wall as they could and we taxied the line. I love it. The lines on the road are more like guidelines for where you should merge next. These little cars can haul. We swam in the most amazing pool complex today. It had 2 kiddie pools with slides and toys, a whirlpool/lazy river thing, an indoor/outdoor pool, a 4 seasons pool, recliners in the pool with jets, etc. There was even a slide that went through the complex and 2 lap pools. It was so much fu
Ok, update number whatever. I don’t know what day it is anymore. Today we drove to Elba. Well, we drove 4 hours and then took a ferry ride and then drove 30 minutes to get to the house. Let me tell you- it was 100/% completely worth it. This is hands down the most beautiful place I have ever been in my life (sorry Seattle). There are pictures at the bottom. Beautiful does not describe it. The view from the house is amazing and the house itself is probably the coolest house I have ever been in. It is maybe 5 floors of sprawling Tuscany goodness. If I ever build a house I am asking for the floor plan. It can probably sleep 20 people but it has rooms in nooks and up staircases and in what one might think was a closet, but no it’s a room. They all have balconies to see the view and the grounds are amazing. I don’t know if I mentioned it but there is no air conditioning here. I don’t think the family car has it. I don’t know how they do it but the houses feel cool and are airy and bright. I

Teaching

This is for my granny who still checks my blog since I've been home. So, the update for me is that I'm teaching 4th grade Math, Science, and Health. So far it has been fun. I have a good class and I think we will have fun. The staff and administration is really nice and they seem to be fun people. It is a little overwhelming trying to figure out all of the stuff going on and everything I have to do. It is a good think that I'm co-teaching so I don't have to know everything right off the bat. I think it will be a good place to work. I got my staff mailbox and a name tag for my door so I am happy. They laugh because it doesn't take much to make me happy since everything is so new. I'm thinking about moving to San Marco or San Jose. I'm thinking sometime in the summer because I would like to teach swimming lessons this summer. On the home news, I bought two chaise lounges that I LOVE. They are so comfortable. I'm thinking that is about it for me right now.